Smiling/Laughing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PnL

Reaction score
My wife and I just recently finished our first pool session and found that our masks leak when we smile underwater. Is this normal or does this indicate that our masks do not fit as well as we thought they did? I have pudgy cheeks (or so my wife tells me :wink:) which probably contributes, but my wife doesn't have pudgy cheeks and she tells me that her mask leaks when she smiles. This isn't a big deal since its so easy to purge the mask, but we just wanted to make sure our masks fit us properly.

TIA
Paul & Leila

I discovered this when I became an aqurium diver. You see the kids waving at you and you can't help but smile and WOOSH! your mask is full of water. :)

Roak

So Good to see people having a problem with Smiling....
What A great problem to have, I too suffer from this trait!!!

KEEP SMILING!!!!:D :D :D :D

I've got the same problem - my friends and I are always doing stupid goofy stuff when we are on really shallow dives. Everytime I laugh, I have to clear a little water under from my mask.

Mask leaking while I'm smiling and diving?

The only problem that is worse is trying to find ways to spend money on scuba diving.....

"So much money, so little time to spend it."

(Well not really, but I wish :D )

Last Friday my son and I were diving at the local lake. We were catching crawdads and feeding them to the all-but- tame bass. My son had a pretty big crawdad grab him back and the way he started whipping his hand around had me in tears. It took me quite a few times to get my mask cleared as I couldn't stop laughing!
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom