Smarttrak, Ir And Galileo Luna, Wont Work.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimCA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Good evening all, This my firs post so please be easy on me :wink:. I Have a Galileo Luna that I have used for 3 dives now. I dove about 4 months ago and was able to down load it into the smarttrak program using the IR reader they sell. It took a couple times (3) but it worked. I am trying to download yesterdays dive and all I get is "Not connected with UWATEC dive computer"... I have re installed the program in to the computer and updated to the latest software. Any Ideas??? I cant ld if I can see the IR flashing when it trys to read the luna. Yes the luna is on... The sucbapro / smarttrak sights are no help. I even tryed to install the program on another computer and no luck. Could there IR be that cheep? Thanks Tim

What is the operating system of your computer? The Windows 10 does not have the IrDA stack in it. You will need to use an earlier version.

You don't need to reinstall any software. If it read once, it will read again.

The IrDA is like a light beam, so you need to be sure the two sensors can see each other. Set the Luna vertical to the IrDA dongle, about 1 - 4" apart. Imagine a flashight coming out of each - they need to be in each other's "light". Make sure the Luna is on.

Then click the picture of the red arrow pointing up to the computer, which means "Upload".
upload_2016-3-26_19-42-23.png

Depending on your computer settings, you may also hear a sound when the Luna computer connects with the PC.

If the Luna is "laying back", for example, it isn't shooting the signal anywhere but straight perpendicular to its face. So, make sure the two are pointed at each other.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using windows 10, BUT with that said I believe it was windows 10 when I downloaded my first two dive in November of 15, The computer is about 12 months old. Is there any way to find out when the windows 10 was installed? Is it even possible that I was able to download the first two dives using windows 10????

Thanks
Tim

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using windows 10, BUT with that said I believe it was windows 10 when I downloaded my first two dive in November of 15, The computer is about 12 months old. Is there any way to find out when the windows 10 was installed? Is it even possible that I was able to download the first two dives using windows 10????

Unlikely since w10 never had IR drivers as far as we know, but I had mine working in w8 and stop working after upgrade to to 8.1. So not impossible generally speaking. The way microflaccid is ramming w10 down everyone's throat, it's possible your computer came with w8 preinstalled and auto-updated itself while you weren't looking.

Windows 7 pro is $40 on amazon.

:(

What dmaziuk said ^^^^ . . . .

Windows 10 next major update is supposed to have that IrDA support in it.

I would pay the $40 for Win 7 and set up my machine to dual boot, were I you.

Last edited:
Is there any way to find out when the windows 10 was installed? I
Navigate to C:/windows and look for the migration folder - the date on it is when Windows did the upgrade. If it's more than 30 days ago I don't believe you can downgrade back to your old version. Microsoft certainly does not want you doing that since they're trying hard to get out of supporting older versions - so much so that they gave you Win10 for free...

Yes I am using windows 10, BUT with that said I believe it was windows 10 when I downloaded my first two dive in November of 15

Not possible. Win10 PREVIEW (beta) DID work with infrared, but the @@^#$@# pulled the support when the public version launched. LOTS of people are upset and there is a lot of discussion in various forums about it, with damn little help or information from MS I might add. :banghead:

They have added it back to the current preview which is supposed to be launched in June. We'll see.
I did download it and it did work. Oddly Smarttrak would not work no matter what I did and I tried a lot of things. Then, one day, on a slim hope I tried to open it again and it did. No updates, no reloads, no changes at all I could figure out. I have no idea what the issue was beyond some glitch in the preview/beta. It does have some functional issues for sure, and is not yet ready for release.

IMO, Win10 came out in beta, is still IN beta, and we are all testers who use it. :rolleyes:
Long live Win7 :)

For a lot more info:
[ScubaPro] Uwatec IrDA and Windows 10 - NOT

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I did sign up for the beta and downloaded it today, the IR now flashes but the smarttrak program wont open as you stated.... what a bummer. seams odd that an update would make current soft where no longer work. How long for you till it magically worked?

Don't recall exactly. The only reason I installed it was for the IR. When I couldn't get Smarttrak to work right away I set that project aside. I worked hard on it a couple days, gave up, and somewhere when I came back to it it worked.
This is a BIG update, so they are screwing with a lot of stuff.

Bummer. Good thing I keep delaying my win10 upgrade. Now I have a real reason for it.

Back
Top Bottom