SmartCOM - More than 40% O2 possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,

Can anyone check with Uwatec or does anyone know what do you do if you want to use higher than 40% O2 with the SmartCOM? (reminder: it says in the manual that the quick dissconnect hose can be used with 40% O2 mix maximum).

I am planing to do at the end of September the ANDI level 2 - CSU Complete Safe Air User course and I know we will learn to use up to 50% O2 mix. What is there to be done? Change the hose?? I wasn't offered an alternative hose in the store... Is there such a hose? Price?

Thanks!

The manual says, at the bottom of page 10:

* The HP-hose is limited to a max of 40% O2 Nitrox!

So that means that the computer can be set up to 100% in 1% increments but cannot be used with higher than 40% mix because of the quick dissconnect HP-Hose!!!???

I'm not sure about the hose....but I do know that you can adjust o2% up to 100% o2 in 1% increments. Kind of pointless though if the hose is only useful to 40%.

Just give Uwatec a call - their phone number is on their website, and they are always very helpful (when I've called them anyway).

Back
Top Bottom