SMART COM nodetection by IRDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Livebychance:
Here is the resolution to my particular situation.

MacAfee Issue

The email scan function of MacAfee virus protection blocks the communication from your dive computer to your PC. The instructions below will tell you how to circumvent the issue.

Hit “CTRL-ALT-Delete” on your keyboard. A menu will pop up; select the “Task Manager” tab. Then, from the “Task Manager” window, select the “Processes” tab.
Now look down the list of processes and find the one labeled “McVsescn.exe”. Click on this process and end it, ignoring the Windows warning about ending it.

Your SmartTrak should now work. Go directly to your SmartTrak program and attempt to download the dive computer. If it doesn’t work, try it a couple more times, experimenting with different positioning of the dive computer and IR reader. We found that getting dive computer within ½ inch of the reader works the best. If after a couple tries and it still doesn’t work- Contact 1-800-382-2211 SCUBAPRO UWATEC Tech Support Monday – Friday 8-5 Pacific Standard time. Please be sitting at your computer when you call.

Be advised, the Process you ended is the MacAfee virus scan for email and the PC should be re-booted prior to viewing email. Rebooting will bring back the Process and protect your PC from emailed viruses, but remember to end that Process each time prior to downloading your dive computer.

Happy downloading!

Tech Services
SCUBAPRO UWATEC

I know I completely resurrected an old thread, but damn, you saved me from going insane! I was getting ready to throw my Aladin out of the window...and then tried your McAfee suggestion - worked like a charm!
Thank you.

The dongle I used had a usb extension cable (female on one end and male on the other). I set up my Galileo and placed the dongle window right at the window on the Galileo using the cable to allow me to move the dongle easily and position it. Just left it almost touching and it worked fine. Of course I do not and never will have McAfee installed.

Back
Top Bottom