Small incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

discrepancy:
.....I saw another guy sitting on the bottom of the ocean with his BC off on the sand in front of him so he could tighten his tank strap properly. Better not to have it slip in the first place.

I've had to do this before. My wife was not strong enough to get the strap latched on the tank. I use a ScubaPro BC and somehow the latch came loose, I haven't a clue how, because if it's latched, it's latched. My only choice was to take the BC off and do it myself. That's why I had to do a doff and don for my open water training. It is a useful skill.

DennisW:
I've had to do this before. My wife was not strong enough to get the strap latched on the tank. I use a ScubaPro BC and somehow the latch came loose, I haven't a clue how, because if it's latched, it's latched. My only choice was to take the BC off and do it myself. That's why I had to do a doff and don for my open water training. It is a useful skill.
The guy I saw was doing some major work on his BC, re-threading the whole thing. My buddy and I swam over to see if he needed help. He was fine. Finished the job and slithered back into his BC with no fuss at all, gave us a wave and swam off into the sunset!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom