Small Foot with Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totoro_biru

Registered
Reaction score
Hi..

Need help deciding whether to get a Pro FF or the original and the sizing based on mini me.. can't find any dive shop in my country that sell FF so i might buy it online (don't want to get the wrong fin and size) It is pricey for me..

I'm new to diving, just took my intro course over the holiday and interested in doing an open water course. But there's this thing about the fin and how heavy it is that makes me think twice. I use an aqualung blades flex 2 with superzip 5mm booties on my intro and oh boy.. that is so heavy..

I want to get a pair of force fin because from what i read it is very light and the blades is not long.. I think it will be better for my small build body and weak leg..
Want to get the Pro FF because it has the yellow colour but it doesn't come with size S, and then i get confused whether i should buy the original instead because it has S size and the Pro is stiffer.

I snorkel alot and i usually use an XXS closed hell size.. i used superzip aqualung booties size 4 and ordinary shoes size 5 / 6 (depends on the brand) 22 cm from point of toes to the heel.. :p
I will probably use the FF barefoot or using my 5mm superzip booties. Any suggestion on which fin and size should i buy?

I will probably just be a recreational diver, but will do some underwater photography/video. Want to use it for snorkeling as well. Can i use Pro to snorkel? and will the original be good enough for taking photos?

Thank you and hope i can have a solution.

Hi Totoro, are u in Bali or Jakarta? If u are in Jakarta, i can lend u mine to try the sizing before u purchase online. From what i know, there is 1 dive shop sell FF in Jakarta who sell FF, u can contact them after u figure out your sizing. They have 1 pair of size ML Foil force fins.

if you snorkel a lot, i recommend foil force, it is so light and comfortable that u can cover a lot of areas in them, the best fins i've ever used for snorkeling and diving in calm water. Original and FF Pros are a nice fins too,..light, powerfull, durable, and good for U/W photog. Feel free to give me a call if u want to know more/try my FF in pool.

Thanks xeon! unfortunately i am living in Bali.. :depressed:

I've seen the foil force but i like the original / pro better because it is compact and easy to travel with.. but most of all the $$$ is not within my budget.. hahaha :shocked2: it is even more expensive or the same as the OWC :(

does the dive shop in Jakarta has the original / pro as well? Which dive shop? It will be great if they do, as it is already quite hard to find an online shop that actually want to send to Indonesia.

Hi Totoro,..the foil might not be as short as the Pros/original FF, but if u snorkel a lot, u might want to re-consider them,..they are SUPER comfortable :wink:

If you are afraid the Pros might be too large, you can always use the comfort instep to compensate the gap between your foot and the fins. They also make kicking the fins more comfortable. Just my 2 cents.

If you want to stick on the Pros/Original design, u can order them online, unfortunately, the foils are the last pair of FF in Indonesia. The diveshop did not carry them anymore. The good news is, if u order online, You can get FF promotion, 20% off and free shipping because Indonesia is below the equator, the only problem is just the custom, they will charge 40% stamp duty tax from whatever number in your FF invoice.

But 1 thing i can tell u FF is worth the money u spent...U wont be dissapointed,...i know i'm not! :)

If you want to use them both with a boot and barefoot, size them to fit your boot and then add 2 comfort inserts when you want to go barefoot. That is what my wife does. She uses a Large for her size 8 boot. I suspect you would need either a medium or medium/large.

Thanks for all of the suggestion!

I will definitely go Pro then (fall in love with the yellow) and contact the FF site. Don't thiink I have enough money right now though if I have to pay 40% for the custom.. :(

Size 8 booties equals to large? And I'm using size 4 hope M will fit .. Lots of insole?

Oh noo.. Maybe FF will be a dream for now..
Dreaming of the ergonomic and futuristic design.. Of the stunning yellow.. to do my kicks with ease ..

I'm a fashion freak and a designer. Studied product design - so for me this fin is to die for inthe design and especially for the effecieny! The research, developement and the succes from what I read is awesome!

No one should disregard the design of the fin! Congrats and 10thumbs up to the dedicated inventor!

Hi Totoro,
i just got the news that one of the Dive Center in Singapore is still have 1 Pair of Original (Black) and 1 Pair of Yellow Pros. Size probably M to ML. These two are also the last pair in Singapore. They give special price too for these 2 pairs.

If you have plan to go to Singapore, or have friends coming over from Singapore to Bali in the near future, you can have them hand-carry the fins for you, that way you can avoid the 40% Stamp Duty Tax. Hope this helps...

Totoro, make sure the folk's in Singapore have the right size and do not pass off smaller sizes on you. I will be glad to see you take both pairs. Best, Bob

Hi xeon!

That's great news! Sorry for replying just now, didn't get notify for a new reply in this thread.. I just email blair that I might go for the original instead and ask for sizing. May I know the shop location and phone number? My parentss is going to sgp in the end of next month. I hope they have the right size and a comfor instep for the yellow pro! If not, I will buy the bblue original from the website

If I have to order it from website, do you know how long willl it takes to ship and go through the custom? And how to process it? Never do anything like this before.

Thanks for all the help xeon.

Dear Bob,

I wish I can get both and all your fins.. :p you do amazing works! I really admire it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom