Small boat/advanced in Nassau or should I travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leaveonlybubbles

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm going to be staying in Nassau in December on a family trip and had been excited since I've never dove the Bahamas but now seems like the Nassau options are really limited...
SO here's my questions:
1) Are there really only 2 ops? There's no small ops out there that cater to more advanced divers?
2) If I'm looking for the better diving and willing to travel for it, is there anyplace I could get to in a day trip?

Thanks!

SO here's my questions:
1) Are there really only 2 ops?
Afaik there's 5:

Stuart Coves
Bahama Divers
Landshark Divers - small dive hotel that books boat dives thru Stuart Coves.
Paradise Dive Charters
Dive Custom Aquatics - full charter only.

2) If I'm looking for the better diving and willing to travel for it, is there anyplace I could get to in a day trip?
Dive Custom Aquatics? But full charter only - $900/day +. They mention going out to the Exuma Cays on their site.
Bahamas Diving - Custom Dive Charters in Exuma and Nassau Bahamas

Don't know if this helps but I had the link handy:
Bahamas Diving Association: Official Dive Association for the Islands of The Bahamas

The best diving it the southwest area where Stuart Cove's dives.

Thanks guys, that's helpful... know any of these ops well?
Basically I'm looking for the best diving (southwest is best?) and if at all possible the opportunity to avoid the cattle boats...
That said, I don't have $900 to charter a boat so that's less likely though definitely appreciate the info... I'll drop them a line on the off chance they're doing a trip that I can just add on to...

Thanks
_Matt

can't contact Stuart Cove's | Facebook

This is perhaps the best way to contact on the spot folk for upto date info. if you facebook that is...

The club goes out once a month as an event but members do there own thang more often! More often than not. Me and other addicts indulge a couple of nights a week of the shore and do interesting stuff at weekends.
I'm not an officer of the club but i dont reckon they'll be adverse to interest from guest divers.

Last weekend for instance one of our number flew us to powell point/ cape Eleuthra and we had a wild time diving with the outfit there! VERY nice diving!
Weekend before another (i think) member of the club took a few of us to Andros doughnut hole and some of the NP north eastern sites. Also VERY cool!

If you are an experienced diver (as you personally are, i'm sure) and can handle yourself amicably i believe you'll be most welcome amongst a group of sensible and safe divers! (I'm being candit, i'm sure you are very skilled etc)

We travel with O2, 1st aid, and all the usual safety considerations. That said, for the most part, we are very experienced divers and whilst we would certainly look out for the new guy, it would be best if you were also adequately skilled. (again, i'm sure you personally are. Please assume "you" plural for other readers.....)

You're most welcome to PM me here for more info/ details etc.

Either way, good luck! i'm sure you'll enjoy some GREAT diving down here!

I'm going to be staying in Nassau in December on a family trip and had been excited since I've never dove the Bahamas but now seems like the Nassau options are really limited...
SO here's my questions:
1) Are there really only 2 ops? There's no small ops out there that cater to more advanced divers?

Thanks!

My wife and I just returned from a five day trip to Nassau. I was prepared to not like Stuart Cove's since I'm not a big fan of large dive ops. But the personal service we received was incredible. Granted, it was low, low season. Still, we were impressed with their ability to accommodate both skilled divers and newbies. My wife completed her OW check-out dives with Ingrid (highly recommend) while I've been diving for almost 20 years. The shark dives are well worth doing. By way of unsolicited advice/recommendations... we stayed at Orange Hill and really liked it. It's a very laid back environment. It's near the NW corner of the island so it's the last pick-up for the Stuart Cove's bus and the first drop-off. Good luck. Have fun in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom