SLS Toby Torch 800 lumens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the brightness isn't adjustable, then what do they mean when they say that, "This gives the light a 1 hour burn time at max brightness and a run time of 4 hours of usable light. "? Does it burn at max brightness for 1 hour and then gradually die down for three more?

If the brightness isn't adjustable, then what do they mean when they say that, "This gives the light a 1 hour burn time at max brightness and a run time of 4 hours of usable light. "? Does it burn at max brightness for 1 hour and then gradually die down for three more?
with regular alkaline batteries, yes.

with regular alkaline batteries, yes.

What about with rechargeables?

I only use rechargeables so it's been about a decade since I even had to buy batteries, hence my silly question about C cells.

What about with rechargeables?

I only use rechargeables so it's been about a decade since I even had to buy batteries, hence my silly question about C cells.
Haven't tried yet. I'll try my old NiCd's next week. But my intent is to find a high performance rechargeable option that will extend burn times at full brightness as much as possible.

back up mini.jpg 1000 lumen dive light

back up mini (3).jpg 800 lumen dive light

DSCN0094.jpg 1600 lumen dive light

all made entirely from anodized aluminum, depth rated 100m + / 330 ft +
very affordable, using either rechargeable or standard off the store shelve consumable batteries
can be used with both mini / regular body

Update: My girlfriend bought the Toby Torch from our LDS a while back, and tonight she decided she wanted to paint it yellow. In the process of preparing it for painting, she removed the Toby Torch sticker, and found that it was covering... The XTAR logo.

The SLS Toby Torch is a rebranded XTAR D06 with a cree XM-L T6 bulb.

What are people's thoughts on XTAR?

Last edited:
What glove are you using in these pictures? The DRIS neoprene glove doesn't seem to be as sturdy.

no. It's all or nothing.

Yes. I tied the light to the glove so that I can operate it single hand. It's worked perfectly fine one handed.

Hi,Locus,May i know the lumens you want?And more detailed requirment,such as the water resistance,the material ,the beam angle and so on?I think we can supply you a good dive light.Our light cover canister light,video light and back-up light.The highest lumen up to 2400.If you have interested,just feel free to contact me.My skype is janey.pang

Just to wrap this thread up, and so there's no ambiguity, THE SLS TOBY TORCH IS AN $80 XTAR D06 WITH A $90 STICKER ON IT. SLS is ordering them from China, changing the label on the box, slapping an SLS sticker on the light (to cover the xtar logo) and selling it to Vancouver area dive shops, who retail it with batteries, case, and charger for $170 when the exact same package (with original labels) could be had by mail from China for $80 shipped. Caveat emptor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom