Slingshot Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBC

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I utilize a slingshot (Y) valve when using a single cylinder (allowing me two regulators). I find it convenient when diving some wrecks. Are you aware of these types of valves and if so, have you used them? Opinions please (I'm aware everyone has their own personal preferences). :)

I have used them and the more modern H valves. Good way to get two independant regulators on a single tank. The main problem with the Y valve is the close spacing between the regulators limiting hose routing.

The Y valves are harder to find than making an H valve. Beuchat made the Y valves whereas any one making a manifold also makes H valves. The only comment I have heard is that some prefer the Y valve because it has fewer failure points than an H valve.

I recently put two H valves together from an manifold that had a damage cross over. The cross over was toast so rather buying a new one I just made H valves. The funny part is that I have had the H valves for two years and just recently found two cylinders for a descent price with no valves.

I like H/V values not so much for the redundancy but because I am too lazy to switch over my regs from doubles to singles and I do not dive enough to justify a singles and double rig.

Last edited:
I used to use them and decided I don't want/need the redundancy. I would like to sell them (I think I have 3) if anyone is interested. They are old fashioned Yoke fittings

I like H/V values not so much for the redundancy but because I am too lazy to switch over my regs from doubles to singles and I do not dive enough to justify a singles and double rig.
Good idea. I forgot that advantage because the only time I dive singles is with a pony to untangle a line from a prop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom