Sleeping Reef Sharks in Jupiter ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was out diving diving with professional photographer and editor of Underwater Journal (www.underwaterjournal.com) Walt Stearns Friday. While I've seen lots of nurse sharks resting under ledges, I don't remember seeing reef sharks doing the same. Kind of reminds me of Jacques Cousteau's "Sleping Sharks of the Yucatan".

jupiterapril2007crw_3563a.jpg

Here's Walt crawling under the ledge to get a similar shot:

jupiterapril2007crw_3567a.jpg

And some other shots from the day:

jupiterapril2007crw_3586a.jpg

jupiterapril2007crw_3587a.jpg

jupiterapril2007crw_3593a.jpg

Here's one of Walt's "little guest" -- a remora that clung to him throughout our safety stop.

jupiterapril2007crw_3618a.jpg

Lastly, when you are a professional like Walt, I guess you can really relax on your safety stop --

jupiterapril2007crw_3620a.jpg

Nice shots! I also remember seeing sleeping reef sharks in small caves there about 12 years ago.

Beautiful shots, Doug.

Nice composition on shots 3 and 4. I had to take a second look to see the line attached to that camera, which relieved me somehow.

Oh my. Looks like a really fun dive. What kind of tank set up is that that he has?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom