Slate or wet notes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkh36619

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
/discuss

I use wet notes as I have two thigh pockets and don't like to have stuff dangling, Also it carries more writing surface and has compartment for my dive tables and even space for a couple zip ties for emergency repairs.

dpnds on hw mch u nd 2 wrt

I use a third alternative --- a couple of sheets of DuraRite paper wrapped around my signalling mirror along with a pencil, all held in place with a rubber band. Nothing to rust, so I just leave in the BCD pocket even while rinsing. I do have to replace the pencil every once in a while since the glue will eventually dissolved and the pencil splits in half.

I use some waterproof notebooks on a 14' sailing dinghy but find that the spiral binder rusts after a season or two.

Reason I ask is a guy I dove with this week(Ramfan08) had wet notes and it seemed pretty nice.

They both have a place and a time. Wet notes are a great tool for detailed notes and decompression schd.,,,I use a wrist slate for deco purposes. I never carry either on typical recreational dives---no real need to.

Wet notes are easy to store away, and I hate anything dangling from me. I have used a wrist slate, which is easy if you are taking repeated notes, but I found it a little awkward to find a good place for it to rest above my compass, and the attached pencil was always coming loose and hanging off my arm -- not good in a cave!

I'm a fan of wet notes. They live in my drysuit pocket and they don't dangle around anywhere. Lots of space to write in them, too. I could compose poetry on them if I was so inclined. :p And I love the not-having-to-erase-after-every-note-i-write thing, too. I just flip the page when it's full and start on the next one. Handy things, those wet notes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom