Slate cleaners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulB

Contributor
Reaction score
I was told that sand and other mild abrasives will take the pencile off my writing slate. Well, I can still sort of see what I wrote on my past 4 dives. Any suggestions?

I use a plain old Magic™ Eraser.

Yep! Works fine for me!

Got me one of them hefty ones.

....eraser...I mean....

Plane old pencil Eraser
anything else will scratch the surface and make it harder to remove the writing next time.

You guys use a slate? I guess you don't dive with your wife then. If married couples used slates then you'd have to listen to your wife down there. I mean this is why we dive right? Limited communication is what we want. :wink:

What kind of slate surface??

I think the scratching concerns depend on the slate surface. I've got one from Trident that I use for classes that has a rough, tiny pebbled surface and Softscrub works great. Clean as a whistle. I've got an old slate from my newbie days that's slick and shiny and it doesn't take to a pencil very well at all....so not to worry about getting it clean!

i juz use my wetsuit sleeves to rub off my pencil markings if i do need to use the slate.

cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom