Slant valves not made anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
In the Genesis forum I learned that Genesis has discontinued the slant valve. Does anyone make one anymore?

(Strangely enough, Sherwood still shows them as coming on their steel tanks.)

I hope that's not true, I know a few sidemounters that really swear by them for their SPG placement.

While looking around for doubles manifolds I came across some info that said the slanted valves are no longer used because they put more pressure on the first stage or something, and in caves they are supposedly seen as entanglement hazards. I'm not sure how accurate this info is but I guess it's something to look into

I see them as a liability on a manifold as it tends to angle the hoses forward.

I can see some potential benefit on a single valve used in side mounting - but that market is in the big picture incredibly small.

Did anyone other than genesis make these?

(I know the old HP valves seemed to be made by a bunch of people, but I don't think you can even buy 7/8" tanks anymore. Regardless, I am more interested in the standard whatever neck.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom