SL960D Flash - No "ready" LED, Only Fires on "Test"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USFishin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a SL960D Flash that stopped working for me. We just went on a week-long dive trip and on the first dive it crapped out on me. It worked fine for a couple shots and then wouldn't work any further. When the switch is moved to the "on" position I can hear the capacitors charging up and then fully charge, but the "ready LED" doesn't light. That would've been OK to get me through the trip as long as it still picked up the flash from my camera and fired the strobe, but the strobe now only fires when the switch is flipped over to the "test" position.

When you switch it 'on' it charges, then to 'test' it fires, then back to 'on' it charges again. No LED though, and no trigger via the fiber optic cable from my camera. So the flash works, it's just the electronics to get the flash to show it's ready, and to fire.

Anyone have this issue before or know how to fix it? Is this something I'll have to send it in for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom