SL50 Video Lights - 2 Thumbs Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helimvee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I purchased these to use with my Sony HC3 (HiDef) in an Ocean Images housing. I am still experimenting with different bulbs, but so far the results have been very good. On a night dive the lights were so bright that my dive buddy said the unit looked like an ROV. The real test will come in a few weeks diving in Bonaire, 4-5 dives a day.

Customer service was first rate. Tim at Nocturnal was at great answering my questions about the lights and various mounting options.

The lights are a bit on the heavy side, but I made some sleeves using an old pair of gloves. (I purchased the lights before the neoprene sleeves were available.) I posted a picture of the setup in the videography forum.

The only downside is that the lights cannot be used while the battery is recharging. A replaceable battery pack would be a very nice option. Yes, I know that the TL50 is an option, but I like the self-contained style of the SL50 and the lack of cables hanging down.

The big question: Would I buy them again? Definitely Yes.

Thanks Tim

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew! Glad you like our lights. The buoyancy sleeves are available in our accessories section if you ever need them :) If there's anything else that we can do to help please let me know, you know where to find me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom