Skip next day's dives if computer battery dies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's precisely why he can keep diving....

teknitroxdiver:
Yep.....

(we're getting a lot of ....... sentences going on here.....)

Where do you see those........?

On vacation ... no worries

Digital problems ... go analog >> tables, spg, depth gauge and a watch

rental gear ... problem solved

BEFORE a trip if you battery level was low. I *think* the Atmos II stores 200+ dives depending on how often you set it to measure STUFF.

So if you looked that the battery indicator, and it read full, you would be fine for a trip. I have an extra battery, and they can be replaced by the user.

Batteries have a VERY long shelf life, so if you take some minor precautions, you should NOT have to worry at all about such a scenerio. If your battery has been in the computer for more than a couple of years, even if full, you may want to replace it in any event to make sure it's not leaking before a trip.

Ron

Sirto:
Here's a senario I'd like some info on.

If I were on a multi-day, multi dive/day trip and my computer battery died what do I need to do (yes, I know, change the battery).

I think I have seen people indicate that you'd need to take a full 24 hours off to degass before starting to dive again with the computer. I can understand skipping any more dives that you would have done that day, however, let's assume it died after the last dive of the day (say 3 pm). By looking at the dive tables for surface interval I see that a 9+ hr SI will get you down to letter group A regardless of where you were at the start of the SI.

Looking at the dive table for repetitive dives you find that the residual nitrogen time for group A ranges from 3 minutes to 7 minutes. So, couldn't you dive on the following day using your computer and just adjust for this RNT?

I'm just trying to understand the logic for skipping the next day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom