Skin-diver Magazine? Anyone miss it? I do...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Whay else is out there besides the magazine SCUBA DIVING nowadays? I was a subscriber to Skin-Diver for 20+years and miss that magazine?

Dive Training is a good one.
Ber :lilbunny:

stangscuba98a:
Whay else is out there besides the magazine SCUBA DIVING nowadays? I was a subscriber to Skin-Diver for 20+years and miss that magazine?

Miss it? Not for a second. After the one year I subscribed to it in the late 70's, I concluded it was totally dedicated to BS and never picked up another issue again.

How about...

sportdiver.jpg

I miss their favorite phrase "a new and innovative piece of equipment"

Sport Diver to me is mostly a "marketing tool" for the agency it reporesents. I like some of the stuff in it, but it's not all that great.

if Scuba Diving magazine were to disappear, I doubt it would be missed because all they do is cover the same stuff over and over again and whatever product/story their advertisers are pushing (or the other way around with whatever they are pushing to sell advertising)

Dive Training... I like that magazine. It's my favorite.

Scuba News I like also (formally known as Florida Scuba News), but it still is fixated on just Florida too much.

ScubaTexan:
How about...

sportdiver.jpg

Never seen that one...is it on the news stands?

It sure is... :D

mike_s:
if Scuba Diving magazine were to disappear, I doubt it would be missed because all they do is cover the same stuff over and over again and whatever product/story their advertisers are pushing (or the other way around with whatever they are pushing to sell advertising)

I know what you mean. My subscription is about to run out and I'm debating whether or not I want to renew it. I think it used to be part of the DAN membership once upon a time.

ScubaTexan:
It sure is... :D

I know what you mean. My subscription is about to run out and I'm debating whether or not I want to renew it. I think it used to be part of the DAN membership once upon a time.

If I had to pay the $18 they want for a year subscription, I wouldn't get it.

I buy it on ebay from the vendor "Blueskymagazines". I think I paid $8.99 for it for 2 years. Blueskymagazines doesn't charge a shipping or handleing charge either, so the final price ($8.99 in my case) is all you pay. That equates to about 40 cents per issue i pay. (which is about what it is worth). I don't see how ScubaDiving can even mail them to me for that little.

stangscuba98a:
Never seen that one...is it on the news stands?
Barnes&Noble and Borders both usually carry it. Right next to all the Surf magazines.
It's the official PADI magazine so you can get it through them also.

In my area, Dive Training is free at my LDS. More geared toward beginners though.

I liked Fathoms for the pictures, but they seem to have problems getting out even their quarterly issues these last couple of years.

Just received a copy of a new magazine called Ocean Realm Journal. I'll reserve judgement on it till I see a few more issues. You can d/l a .pdf version of the first two issues at their website: http://www.oceanrealmjournal.com/

Back
Top Bottom