SJCAM to SeaLife DC2000 and Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the question of what memory card am I using for the raw timings:

Lexar professional 32GB 1000x at full 20mp resolution.

I don’t think the slow raw speed is a memory card issue as many others have reported it.

here are a couple of my vacation videos from 2017. You can ffwd through the non scuba stuff, but you can see the quality of the video and pics I am getting.

Brac 2017:

Cozumel 2017 I

I will put my camera together tonight and post a pic. The red filter fits onto the housing by compression - and CAN fall off. I loop the filters cord through my floaty so it won't get lost when it falls off.

that's awesome @mcohen1021 - i will definitely try again as i can clearly see you are getting much better results than what i am getting.

yeah i have always pulled out the card - much faster!

thanks so much for all the great tips :clapping:

that's awesome @mcohen1021 - i will definitely try again as i can clearly see you are getting much better results than what i am getting.

yeah i have always pulled out the card - much faster!

thanks so much for all the great tips :clapping:

You're welcome - I got busy last night and forgot to get a pic of my setup, but I will tomorrow. BTW - did you pick on on the fact that all of my under water pics were screen shots from the videos? :D :D :D

For the question of what memory card am I using for the raw timings:

Lexar professional 32GB 1000x at full 20mp resolution.

I don’t think the slow raw speed is a memory card issue as many others have reported it.

No, that card should be about as fast as it gets, so it has to be the camera. Full 20MP is a lot of pixels to write, but still... some cameras out there shoot RAW at 10 fps so 5-second write delay is not good.

You're welcome - I got busy last night and forgot to get a pic of my setup, but I will tomorrow. BTW - did you pick on on the fact that all of my under water pics were screen shots from the videos? :D :D :D

yeah very nice @mcohen1021 - and to think stills from your video look so much better than my photos! thanks for posting those as i was going to request some photos / footage. really pleased to know i can improve with what i have without spending a fortune.

yeah very nice @mcohen1021 - and to think stills from your video look so much better than my photos! thanks for posting those as i was going to request some photos / footage. really pleased to know i can improve with what i have without spending a fortune.

You're welcome... I think the hardest part of this now is putting the pics and videos in the order you want and finding the music... I've put about 4-5 videos together now.

On RAW for the DC2000 this is very slow - after taking one RAW image the camera cannot take another for 5 seconds or so. Hopefully they speed this up in a firmware update. I tend to use JPEG because of this.

That said the JPEGs from the camera do have a wide range to adjust in lightroom. Much better than JPEGs from my Pentax WG-1.

@Landau are you still experiencing this 5 second delay between taking RAW images?

Has anyone found a way to improve this? @Trailboss123, You have taken some great pictures with the DC2000, do you also experience this 5 second lag?

I'm close to purchasing a DC2000 since my DC1400 has taken a turn for the worse.

Thanks,

win

Yes the latest 1.03 beta firmware still has the 5 second delay between RAW shots.

@Landau are you still experiencing this 5 second delay between taking RAW images?

Has anyone found a way to improve this? @Trailboss123, You have taken some great pictures with the DC2000, do you also experience this 5 second lag?

I'm close to purchasing a DC2000 since my DC1400 has taken a turn for the worse.

Thanks,

win
I have yet to use it in RAW, so I cannot say. My next outing with it, I will. I have heard about that delay- but cannot speak to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom