Sizing Scubapro Nova Scotia (2013)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alewar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I decided to go for a semidry suit and it seems the SP Nova Scotia is the best choice. I found a good deal online and would like to ask for advice regarding sizing. I'm 1,72m (5"8) and my weight oscillates between 67 and 72kg. According to the SP sizing charts I'd be a size S, according to the seller I'd be an M.

I've read somewhere that sometimes the SP suits fit pretty different across models.
What is your experience with the current models of Nova Scotia?

Thanks.

The suit is sold for 320€ in Italy including shipment to Germany. A good deal since I don't have to pay any import taxes and the suit costs in Germany 400€+.
For you in America it probably isn't worth it though, you guys get everything cheaper anyways :wink:

did you get yours yet? i'm getting mixed reviews... i'm on the borderline if i'm staying wet or semi dry. biggest thing that's making me not wanna get it is... can't pee in it lol.

It's best to fit them before buying. Size chart is of no real use, only indication. I am of similar size/dimensions and use a M. Btw 1.72 is closer to 5.6 than 5.8. I am 5.8 75kg (165lb) and the m is perfect fit. Small could fit depending on chest and upper leg sizes.

did you get yours yet? i'm getting mixed reviews... i'm on the borderline if i'm staying wet or semi dry. biggest thing that's making me not wanna get it is... can't pee in it lol.

The suit is on its way. I can give you more info in a couple of days, if there is something specific you want to know.
I'm buying this suit instead of a dry one just because I don't own any gear and with the money left I can buy a regulator and a backplate & wing. Besides summer is coming and I'm not diving that deep yet. As soon as it starts getting cold in the suit I'll go dry.

It's best to fit them before buying. Size chart is of no real use, only indication. I am of similar size/dimensions and use a M. Btw 1.72 is closer to 5.6 than 5.8. I am 5.8 75kg (165lb) and the m is perfect fit. Small could fit depending on chest and upper leg sizes.

According to Google, 172cm is 5" 7.71 inches (man I hate the imperial units...). I ordered it in size M and hope that I don't have to send it back.

According to Google, 172cm is 5" 7.71 inches (man I hate the imperial units...). I ordered it in size M and hope that I don't have to send it back.

My apology. 172cm=5.6ft or 5"7.7 inches and not 5"6inches. Imperial..................what can I say, will drive me nuts sometime soon. Thank the Lord I don't have to use it every day!!!

Coming to think of it. That makes me 5" 9.6 inches!!

My apology. 172cm=5.6ft or 5"7.7 inches and not 5"6inches. Imperial..................what can I say, will drive me nuts sometime soon. Thank the Lord I don't have to use it every day!!!

Coming to think of it. That makes me 5" 9.6 inches!!

I got the suit today. You being bigger than me, I wonder how you get inside a size M Nova Scotia... for me it seems to be as tight as it gets while still being comfortable.

Hi, did you get one of the new 2013 suits with the flat T-Zip Master seal dry zippers? I ma 1.75 for 70-72kg and according to the chart I should be a small too...hard to know really. How are you finding yours?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom