Sizing A Drysuit - Having no luck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwilding

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I stumbled on a super super hot deal a few years ago and bought a Dacor Drysuit. They discontinued the line and it was a left over. Unfortunately, I ended up with a Med/Lge as that was all that was left. It has never fit me right and I need to replace it. I just bought a used Whites Large drysuit and it too does not fit me so I will be reselling it.

Now I have a line on a DUI FLX50/50 that is large. According to the sizing chart, it fits someone who is:

height: 70"
Chest: 41"-43"
Waist: 39-41"
Hips: 38-40"
Spine to Wrist: 30-31"
Floor To Crotch: 35-36"
Shoe Size: 10.5-11

All of these dimensions are just about right or a little big EXCEPT one. I am about 70 3/4" tall.

How likely is this to be a problem?

I'm wrestling with the same issue but Im a bit awkward in my sizing.

height: 70 3/4"
Chest: 47"
Waist: 38"
Hips: 40"
Spine to Wrist: 32"
Floor To Crotch: 35"
Shoe Size: 13.5

It seems my awkward out of proportion measurements throws me into the Made to Order, catagory. :( Gentics and and being a former power lifter has doomed me to an $800 price hike.

You will pay a little bit extra for a custom DUI (but then DUI's are good quality, but a bit pricey), go ahead & get a custom. I have a custom TLS350 & love it! I'm a female, 5'6" & about 200lbs. I tried a White's first, but it just didn't fit right (too tight around the middle & too long in the arms & legs. All that extra material caused a lot of drag in the water. If you're going to put out the $ for a DUI why not go ahead & go all the way with one that's fitted exactly for you?

I have a couple older DUI drysuits and the stated sizing is quite accurate, but they are pre-2002 when the size chart had fewer sizes and broader ranges.

I'd suggest contacting DUI, provide the manufacture date and just ask.

Your being 3/4" taller than the recommended height is probably not going to matter at all.

I assume you can't try the suit on to check the fit over your heaviest insulation, right? :D

That would be the best way to be sure of the fit. :)

Dave C

How much MORE money are you going to save if you end up with a "super hot deal" on yet a THIRD dry suit that doesn't fit?

:D

You can really never tell on sizing until you try it on. For instance I'm 6'2" (74") and I fit into a DUI stock large TLS350, even though on paper I should be 4" too tall for it. I bought it to replace a BARE LG/Tall which was too short for me, even though on paper it should have fit perfectly.

You will pay a little bit extra for a custom DUI (but then DUI's are good quality, but a bit pricey), go ahead & get a custom. I have a custom TLS350 & love it! I'm a female, 5'6" & about 200lbs. I tried a White's first, but it just didn't fit right (too tight around the middle & too long in the arms & legs. All that extra material caused a lot of drag in the water. If you're going to put out the $ for a DUI why not go ahead & go all the way with one that's fitted exactly for you?

It would be a lot extra as the suit is used...

I might have the most trouble getting over the color scheme. What is with the DUI suit colors? :shakehead:

How much MORE money are you going to save if you end up with a "super hot deal" on yet a THIRD dry suit that doesn't fit?

:D
It maybe a good enough deal I could turn a profit actually... :D

hem haw.... hem... haw

this is what I do.

However, I did just pull the trigger on a Whites Fusion. Should be a winner for 3 reasons.
1. slightly used = much cheaper
2. appropriate size = low risk of sizing problems
3. this suit is well liked and flexible (which should forgive any small size issues)

GO GO UPS!

Back
Top Bottom