SiTech Infaltor Hose Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
3420945723_7fbffaef5c_m.jpg

SiTech Inflator Hose Recall

April 6th, 2009

SiTech, a leading distributor for inflation hoses has issued more information regarding a hose recall issued in March.

The following is a list of instructions regarding SiTech inflator hoses. Please follow the below instructions to ensure your hose is not in question; These instructions over-ride any previous information published prior to today.

1) Inspect your inflator hose at the threaded end for a batch number.
2) Compare the number on the hose with the list of recalled numbers issued by SiTech.
3) If your hose is within the affected hoses, remove the hose from your regulator 1st stage.
4) Inspect the threaded end of the inflator hose for the flow restrictor. If the restrictor is present complete the following 3 steps:
a) Remove the flow restrictor as indicted on the SiTech website or follow the video from YouTube.
b) Before reinstalling the hose on your 1st stage, a dot needs to be punched on the threaded end hex nut on the flat of the hex next to the batch number, use a nail punch or an awl - This dot indicates that the hose has been checked and is no longer in question.
c) Reinstall the hose onto the 1st stage.
5) If the inspection of the hose and the batch number indicates there should be a flow restrictor and one is not present, and the hex does not have the punched dot, then the regulator 1st stage must be inspected along with all hoses.
6) Once the regulator and hoses have been inspected, punch a dot on the hex next to the batch number to ensure that the hose is no longer in question.
7) If a flow restrictor was not present but was listed as an affected hose, fill out the SiTech Forms and submit to SiTech.

FAQ's

1. As a consumer can I do this myself?
All consumers should take their regulator into their nearest Whites dealer; the dealer will inspect the regulator for the flow restrictor in question.
2. How do I remove a restrictor from the inside of a hose?
The second stage hoses should be disconnected from both the first and second stages (primary and alternate). Using a low pressure air gun, blow air through the end of the hose to dislodge the restrictor (air should flow freely through the hose)
3. Do I have to have my 2nd stages inspected as well?
It would be highly unlikely that a flow restrictor could enter the inside of a second stage; however an authorized regulator technician should inspect the second stage to be sure.

More information can be found on the SiTech Website www.sitech.se/index.html

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Whites Manufacturing directly

1-250-652-8554
1-866-652-8556
whitesale@whitesdiving.com
www.whitesdiving.com

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom