Sitech Drysuit inflate valve problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitroxnut01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have a Catalyst classic that is 2 years old. Recently the inflate valve started to do a slow leak into the suit, had the local Whites dealer service the valve. They replaced the o rings but ever since then the valve is very slow to inflate now compared to other SI tech valves. Has anyone had this problem before ? Thanks

New O-rings should not effect the amount of flow through the valve.
The Si-Tech inflate valve works as a tesion piston.
Pressing the button moves the piston down letting air flow through.
If air flow is being affected it is more likley that there is some kinda of blockage in the valves air line.
I'd suggest you take it make to where you had it serviced, explain your issue and have them take another look at it.

I've taken it back to the dealer, he took the valve apart in front of me and we both checked it out. He is at a loss of ideas on why it would be doing this. I have tested it with 2 differnt hoses on my regs and differnt hoses at the LDS. The two hoses I tested them with both had the flow restrictors removed per the SI tech recall, intact, from the hoses. We also used a different inflator valve to make sure we weren't crazy but a notable differance was heard and felt. Would the piston function be less if the o-rings slighty larger size then the ones that were in place before ? That is the only thing that has changed to cause it to function poorly. When he took it apart we also took the part out of the air nipple and checked it, it was fine and no blockages were in the air nipple. Thanks foe the reply.

In theory if the replacement O-ring was larger then the old one, Yes it could make a slight diffrence.
However if the replacement O-ring is the proper SI-Tech one.
It would mean your valve is operating at the proper airflow level, while the old one your were used to using was technically letting through too much.

On the plus side if it is oversized it should wear down pretty quick and start flowing quicker like your used to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom