Sipadan, Malaysia or Komodo, Indonesia?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Raja might be a bit too costly and hard for me to make work during this trip.

I would like to get a good taste of everything, but want to make sure I get a chance to see mega fauna as well as muck diving. I was thinking one or two Komodo charters would satisfy me on the mega fauna, then try some diving in Lembeh and/or Bunaken too?

I'll look into the west molas!

Komodo and Lembeh are a classic combination.

And Tulamben isn't about partying, it's about diving. It has nice muck too if you want to avoid paying for a flight from Bali to Manado. I like Lembeh better for critters than Tulamben so do many others but everyone has their own opinions.

And you can hit Raja Ampat when you come back next time cause Indonesia is addicting. And you'll need to come back.

Last edited:
The thing about Lembeh versus Bali is that Bali is so easy to get to from anywhere in the world, and the infrastructure makes it easy to get around the island, stay where you wish, and move on when and how you wish. Lembeh requires a hop, and it doesn't have quite the tourist infrastructure that Bali does (which may or may not be a good thing.) The Lembeh/Bunaken combo is classic, too.

Back
Top Bottom