Sintered filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Burky

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Have been servicing my own Mares and Oceanic regs for years. I have some obtained some SP5 first stages and have obtained kits in the past. Have paid pretty good money for little gain of parts. O'rings are sort easily and sintered filters for my Mares MK12 but I can not find a supplier for the conical sintered filters used in the SP5's. Can anyone assist.

Trident sells filters that fit the MK5. I clean and re-use mine occasionally if I'm running low. If you consistently dive with clean dry air (easier said than done) and are careful to not get any moisture on the filter, it can last almost indefinitely.

Yes, a long soak in vinegar and an extended session in the ultrasonic will do wonder for the filters.

Have been servicing my own Mares and Oceanic regs for years. I have some obtained some SP5 first stages and have obtained kits in the past. Have paid pretty good money for little gain of parts. O'rings are sort easily and sintered filters for my Mares MK12 but I can not find a supplier for the conical sintered filters used in the SP5's. Can anyone assist.

The conical filters have a larger flow/filter area, true, but the standard flat filters fit fine and work fine.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom