SinoScuba Celebrates 10 Years of Diving in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SinoScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
SinoScuba Celebrates 10 Years of Diving in China

BEIJING -- January 1, 2013 -- SinoScuba, Beijing’s leading scuba and marine education organization, marked its 10th anniversary of serving China’s growing diving community today, having introduced thousands of people to diving and the underwater world.

Established on January 1, 2003, SinoScuba has pioneered scuba diving and marine education in China, being the first in China to offer Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) courses including Drysuit Diver and Ice Diver and Project AWARE programs including Coral Reef Conservation, and issuing the first-ever PADI certifications in Mongolia.

SinoScuba has brought the underwater world closer to landlocked Beijing through its Shark Interaction Program at the Blue Zoo Aquarium and Dolphin Interaction Program at the Beijing Aquarium, by teaming up with Beijing international schools for scuba and marine education programs, and by offering a wide range of PADI courses, taught on flexible schedules to accommodate as many students as possible.

Over the past decade, SinoScuba has taught students as young as eight and as old as 65, from 24 countries, in English and in Mandarin Chinese. During 2013, SinoScuba will continue to expand its range of offerings with more and new classes, new equipment sales, and more travel destinations.

A strong proponent of marine conservation, in 2013 SinoScuba will hold its fourth annual Shark Week(end) event the first weekend of August, dedicated to bringing Beijingers into close contact with sharks, to dispel myths and promote preservation of some of the oceans’ most important species.

“It has been an honor for me to introduce so many people to diving and to the underwater world that I love so much. SinoScuba took on a life of its own almost from its inception. I am so pleased and so proud to see it grow along with the scuba community in China today. I want to thank the Beijing community for having been so supportive, and I look forward to the next decade of diving and all the divers that will join us along the way,” said SinoScuba founder Steven Schwankert, a PADI IDC Staff Instructor and Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer.

For more information on SinoScuba and diving in China, please contact:

Steven Schwankert, Founder
SinoScuba
phone: +86 1861 113 3629
email: steven@sinoscuba.com
web: www.sinoscuba.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom