Wanted Singles wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

Recently got into some new SSplate and harness from a friend. Would like to to finish the package with a intro level single donut wing. Don't have bands yet either.

Local to Boston MA

Open to advice and criticism from the wisdom of the masses.

Thanks

The required buoyancy will drive the wing size decision and, because is SS I believe that you should have no issue in using a STA (whole rig weight should not be an issue).
So, because you would probably use an STA, you can virtually use any wing on the backplate providing the holes are aligned with those on the plate and STA for connecting screw - condition that generally applies - holes are 11" apart for most brands - just measure yours.
The STA will accommodate the tank straps so there is no need to have wing slot positioned precisely (or even having them at all).
Because electrolytic corrosion you should consider a SS STA with SS screws as well.
Probably 30lbs is enough, unless you are planning to use very big steel tanks - in this case you should probably adopt a 40lbs wing.
I know the eu market prices and brands, but I don't know yours - did you consider a used item ?

Back
Top Bottom