Singapore - where can I buy under-water camera & wet-suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

escher123

Reaction score
Hi all!

We're going to have a 10 hour layover at Singapore Chiangi airport on our way to Kota Kinabalu. Those of you who are familiar with Singapore, can you please suggest a few shops where we can buy an under-water camera and a wet-suit? Also, can you please let me know the approximate proximity of these shops to the airport, and whether they are open on Sunday. Thanks a ton!!!

PS: Would you know if we are allowed to go outside airport terminal if we decide to check into one of the airport hotels in Chiangi? Does Chiangi have a luggage storage facility?

Most dive shops are closed on Sundays though. Do check before going.

Hi Lj82, yeah I figured they are closed on sunday when I went through the list populated by Wisnu. We were actually planning on being in Singapore on Sunday so now we're making sure we're there on Monday! Are there any other dive shops not mentioned by Wisnu that you know of? Thanks for your help!

I will be doing some serious shopping in Singapore next week, a friend (who lives in Singapore) sent me a few days ago this list of shops that he recommends:

kilo-fox, thanks so much for the info! :) Let me know how your shopping goes and if you have any suggestions on which shops I should go to or avoid. I'm going to be in Singapore in Jan next year (but the planning has started WAY ahead of time!)

kilo-fox, thanks so much for the info! :) Let me know how your shopping goes and if you have any suggestions on which shops I should go to or avoid. I'm going to be in Singapore in Jan next year (but the planning has started WAY ahead of time!)

Sure will do, no problems!
I am going to buy a almost complete equipment set for me for my DM course; usually I am a very successful shopper :D:D

the shops KF mentioned are along beach road. it takes 15 - 20mins by Taxi to get there. or take MRT and get off at Bugis.

depends of the camera & UW housing you are going to buy. for compact digi camera, you can buy them in Changi airport. as for hotel, you can check at Welcome to Changi Airport
assuming you live in Mumbai, if you are Indian national, I believe you need visa to get into Singapore.

Nice list kilo-fox. :p

escher, if you are looking for a wetsuit, you should find one at that cluster of stores. For a camera and housing, it greatly depends on what you are looking for. Do research before you come. If you want a DSLR, I'd make sure camera you want is available at some place like Parisilk store (google it) and the housing and strobes are at Scubacam or Oceanic Focus. If it is point & shoot like a Canon Powershot or Ixus, you might get both the housing and camera in Parisilk or lots of camera stores in Sim Lim Square (bargain hard) or Funan Centre.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom