Singapore airport help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They do have a baggage agreement as I fly United out of Denver and have checked my bag to Manado 3 times.

When leaving Manado check your bag all the way thru to Denver unless of course you are planning to stay in Singapore for a few days. If you are just staying one night check it thru and make sure you have what you need in your carry on. You will have to clear customs at your first port of entry into the US but then it's easy to recheck and you won't have to pay for bags.

Silkair
"Weight allowances for checked baggage are as follows:
Business Class, 30 kg (66 lb)
Economy Class, 20 kg (44 lb)"
"A 10 kg excess baggage allowance is extended for customers with diving equipment travelling to Cebu, Davao, Langkawi, Lombok, Phuket and Manado." :D sweet (for now)...

more info here including excess baggage... :wink:
SilkAir : where the world unwinds

Thanks, chinacat46, xariatay and taxgeek! This is a terrific thread. I called United and they assured me that it would not be a problem to check from Denver all the way to Manado. They also updated the record to show the Silk Air ticket number even though it was not actually part of United's itinerary. Pretty much, just what everyone here said! :cool2:
Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom