Simple point/shoot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a SeaLife DC2000. They use a 1” CCD instead of the micro 4/3rds in most point and shoots. Good for image quality. But shooting in raw mode is slow and the video resolution is not great.

ThatDogDon'tHunt said above "Cameras have changed. Many old cameras are still capable of taking great pics." I bought a Olympus C5050 back when they first came out and was still using it as recently as two years ago (last dive). Takes great pics, easy to maneuver under water and not overly complicated. Not sure if it fits the definition of a simple Point and shoot thou. And they can be found cheap on ebay. Cases are a little harder to find thou...

Attachments

• 1 Setup.jpg
    1 Setup.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 33
From what I read, it doesn't have any zoom. If you want to 'zoom in' or out, you've gotta do it the old fashioned way; move in closer, or back away. Per the product page, it has a '100 degree wide angle lens.' I don't know what the 35-mm equivalent is.

The Sealife Micro 3.0 does not have a zoom feature.
I don't know what the 35mm equivalent is on the lens, but it's pretty wide angle. I'd guess maybe 18-20mm in 35mm equivalent.

I think I might just keep my current Olympus fe-360. Just need to figure out a way to transfer pics. I am guessing they make a Bluetooth card reader.

Back
Top Bottom