Simple modification to camera tether

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not the most impressive project ever, but something to do while it's winter and travel is uh, complicated. I got pretty annoyed with the suicide clips (aka carabiners) on my camera tether (see bottom photo), so I hacked off the loop of webbing holding them, singed it, and tied some bolt snaps directly to the coiled metal cable (so as not to put strain on the seam now holding the cable in).
Now I finally have the camera tether that amazon wouldn't sell me. Took about 15 minutes, or 3 weeks if you count the time for the bolt snaps to arrive from Hong Kong :wink:
IMG_20220104_204136.jpg

IMG_20220104_202028.jpg

I just put a double ender on the suicide clip

I just put a double ender on the suicide clip
Yep, that would work, but I don't love the extra mass of the double enders when packing, and the extra length seems to flop around a bit. But these are minor points and I probably would do the same during a dive trip. On my last trip(s), I ran out double enders due to various new bits and pieces (e.g. the wife's camera) not being fully thought out yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom