Simple, inexpensive, AI, wrist mounted, whats so funny?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farsidefan1

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With my new bc setup I no longer have a pocket on my left side. This is where I stashed my computer for protection when not being used and I have it on a retractor which has tangle possibilities with my air 2. My solution is to get a wrist mount computer. Cheap, till the atomic cobalt wrist mount comes out, then I'll get it. So I don't want to spend much but It must have the following: 1- compass (I'm trying to have less gear hanging around, I don't want an extra piece), 2- air integration (no hoses and I want to know how much gas I have), 3- SIMPLE TO USE (as I have said before, I'm not a techy guy, this is a deal breaker It's why I decided against a bp/w and got the balanced, also why I wish I could get the cobalt wrist unit now). Be nice if it was cheap, I'm willing to go used IF I was SURE I wasn't buying someones problem. 4- nitrox capability.

Some things it doesn't need to do: Multiple gases, multiple tanks deco diving. I will never get into that stuff (Yes, I'm sure, I'm 59 and I know where I want to go). As I see this as a stopgap computer I don't want to spend much over $400. on it. Now if it did everything I want (especially the simple to use) I could keep it and then I'd spend a thousand or so. It will also need fairly big numbers in case I'm not using my prescription mask. I like big numbers for psi, depth, dive time, yes the other stuff is good but I want those items to JUMP out at me.. When I look at the other threads it seems like everything offers many more features than I need. Perhaps I'm just looking for something that does not yet exist. Anyway, if you have an old, dependable, easy to use wrist mounted air integrated computer give me a pm, Thanks (want to trade for a uatek smart com console:D with 150 dives on it and a brand new battery?:eyebrow:

I plan to sell D9 with sensor. Needs strap change ($60 or so). I planned to sell for $600.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom