Similan Islands water Temp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

owsistu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm taking a trip March 12th 2009 to Thailand. I plan to dive the Similans Islands for four days on the Queen Scuba. Last time I was there the water was a little cold (79 degrees F). Can anyone tell me what the water temp is this year?

Thank you and Aloha, Stu

I'm taking a trip March 12th 2009 to Thailand. I plan to dive the Similans Islands for four days on the Queen Scuba. Last time I was there the water was a little cold (79 degrees F). Can anyone tell me what the water temp is this year?

Thank you and Aloha, Stu

We prefer to use Celsius in Thailand Stu.
79 Fahrenheit = 26.11 Celsius

Temperature now is approx. 28 Celsius or 82.4 Fahrenheit.
Then again, upwellings and thermoclines can be as cold as 26 Celsius or 78.8 Fahrenheit.

So it's safe to say that the current temperatures will in general be between 26 (78.8 Fahrenheit) and 28 Celsius (82.4 Fahrenheit) but also that surface temperatures can be as warm as 29 (84.2 Fahrenheit) to 30 Celsius (86 Fahrenheit).

To keep it short: Anywhere between 26 Celsius (78.8 Fahrenheit) and 30 Celsius (86 Fahrenheit) depending on location, depth and environmental conditions.

:crazyeye:

I just got off the Queen Scuba last week - water temps were 81F with upwellings of 77F. It was an amazing trip!

Back
Top Bottom