Similan Islands last week in april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beechdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi '
The wife and I are planning a liveaboard here for the last week of april and have noticed that this is the end of the season? is this due to the viz going down or the current kicking up this time of the year? It may be possible to move our vacation up one month and go the end of march if this will make a significant difference in the diving as nothing has been booked yet. We are both AOW with around 100 logged dives all of them in the carribean.

Hi,

I would move the trip to March just because the weather does become a bit unpredicatable towards the end of April. Liveaboard bookings tend to drop off later in the season too which means trips may not run.

Yea thanks,

Were going to move up to the last part of march. Were thinking about doing a 4day liveaboard on the queen scuba then staying somewhere in Khao lak at a resort or something (havent picked one yet) but were looking .

It's good that you've decided to move your vacation up a month to come in March. Some of the QS trips in March are all sold out already, so don't delay if that's the boat you want. If there isn't availability for that boat, there are other boats in the same category you could try.

sweet! I'm booked on the March 25th QS trip...:D Can't wait!

Hi beechdiver, from my experience (about 3000 dives in the area) April is a fine time to go, the water may, and thats ONLY maybe, get a little choppy but that is why us DM's are here - to help you out. Vis is the same as any other time of year.

It should not be a problem finding a LAB going out during this time too. Many operators run a very flexible schedule ... :) Hope this helps ...

Back
Top Bottom