Silly Eemoticon Change...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I have often typed :eek: in Quick Reply when the :kiss2: was not available so now I have an untold number of posts with :eek: - but now they look like :eek:? Changes the meaning of my posts all over huh...??

Last edited:
I have often typed :eek: in Quick Reply when the :kiss2: was not available so now I have an untold number of posts with :eek: - but now they look like :eek:? Changes the meaning of my posts all over huh...??

Are you saying that eek used to be a kissy face, and now someone switched it to be like eek?

I'm not sure who made this change, but I don't think they did it with the intention of messing up posts... At the same time. It looks like eek now yes?

FWIW - it appears as though the :eek: smiley was added a long time ago. It is a default smiley. Maybe an error corrected on the vBulletin side of things?

Are you saying that eek used to be a kissy face, and now someone switched it to be like eek?

I'm not sure who made this change, but I don't think they did it with the intention of messing up posts... At the same time. It looks like eek now yes?

FWIW - it appears as though the :eek: smiley was added a long time ago. It is a default smiley. Maybe an error corrected on the vBulletin side of things?
I don't want to get confused here, and cause more confusion, and now I have to wonder if I am getting a different visual than you for some reason - so let me use pics of what I see and saw...

For a very long long the eek smilie was one of bug eyes, open mouth, OMG expression like this: Capture.JPG

Now eek shows up as a flaming mad smilie like this: Capture2.JPG

It did seem odd that the kiss2 smilie looks more like an OMG smilie than a kiss: Capture.JPG

Edit: Glad I did it that way, as they look different on Chrome. I posted the thread after incurring the problem on Firefox. On Chrome eek looks like OMG and kiss2 looks like kiss. If some smilies look totally different on different browsers, wow - could be interested, or is it just my machine?

Last edited:
Don, posting from Firefox, I'm not getting the same results as you. Seems to be behaving properly for me.

:eek: :eek: (looks like your OMG smilie)

:kiss2: :kiss2: (looks like the smooch animation)

Not seeing any flaming mad smilies.

Yeah I don't see the problem now, still on FF, haven't booted yet - so it might have been a temporary glitch? Thanks. :eek: looks good now.

I keep the big smilie window open and the problem was there too, gone after refresh.

Ok. Now I'm totally confused... But all is good? Case closed I guess?

I don't know why it happened, but it seems back to normal. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom