sill with cardboard card but 10 dive in 2 wks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allwet

Reaction score
Although I dove as a kid (never certified) I went with my 17 yr old and we are now both PADI open water cert. We only have our temp cards and we have been down 10 times. Usually two tanks a day. Boy are we loving it. We live in Fl on Gulf coast north of Tampa an I own 26' cabin cruser. I always loved the water. Now my, not so distant 17 year old, if you catch my drift...(yes) we are enjoy each others company. He paid for his course ticket and I purchased all equip which he is paying back $20 a week. I thought I would make sure he didn't do what I did (uncert and stupid)and that he was trained well. I am more than happy in the training and dives. Now we have gone to Crystal River, dove with manatee (they swam by us) 1,000 of fish in schools (what a sight) I've tried photography - we'll see what developes. We have dove in sink hole, springs, into the openings of caverns and next we'll be going to man made reefs about 25 miles out in the gulf. But the best part of it all is that my son and I have become closer and enjoy the time together! It's not all water under the bridge!

Allwet,
Isn't it great how Scuba can help bring family closer! I certified last November in the Bahamas. Now my wife and son (he's 30)are training. In three weeks we'll all be diving together off the coast of Grand Bahama. It's something we can enjoy doing together. I can hardly wait to see the looks on their faces when they see whats down there!

Enjoy

Tavi

It must be beautiful to dive there. It's my Bday today so I received the odds and ends for diving "o" rings, extra straps, mask case etc.. Also a speargun wooden. I guess fish will be on the menu soon. I agree about their look when they see the beauty beneath the waves. I'm glad my son brought me back to this. Be safe and tell your family to enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom