Siladen or Bangka - Which island ??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bungalows were well built. The two bungalows are attached but I had no privacy problems. There is a nice beach for lying out and relaxing, and a large pool. We had couples there on their honeymoon.

Gangga is can be expensive as they try their very best to run it like a professional hotel.

For a nice house reef and snorkeling just at your door step, I would pick Murex on Bangka. The reef there is in good condition.

Gangga house reef looks kind of dead in the day, but very different at night if you bother to give it a try.

I was not impressed with Siladen reefs as sections they brough me too had extensive bombing. Perhaps it has recovered since I have not been back there for many years.

I live in Indonesia, and I often go diving to Sulawesi.
Gangga island is a superb place, and your girlfriend will love it, for sure. Snorkelling is good, dives around here are great,lots of soft coral, and lots of rare things (frog fish, leaf fish, pigmee sea horses,...). Accomodation and food are first class.After one week diving in BUnaken from Murex, you might appreciate the change.
By the way, Manado is an uggly and dirty town.
On Siladen, prices will be more or less the same as in Gangga. But you will be in the middle of BUnaken Natural park...
If you want to stay onshore, try Kikisi Nature Resort (www.kikisi.com) Nice bungalows, nice beach, 15' by boat from Bunaken.
Still onshore, Santika hotel is nice, and has an excellent dive center (Thalassa, 5* PADI center), but no beach.
The resort on Bangka is nice, but very remote. No shops, no restaurant, just the bungalow and the beach. It's a post card. Same dives as from Gangga island.

Finally, in Bali, be careful about who you dive with, and where you dive. Some spots are potentially dangerous, and some dive centers are even more...

Hello Elbuzo,

Probably Bangga and Bangka are the same island. Only differently written. As far as I know on Bangga (more precise Sahaun) you can find Blue Bay Divers which is nice and not expensive and Murex cottages. Somewhere far away from everything Kikisi Resort from Manado also made a small place. Do not know the name of the island.

Rob

Nuts Bubblefish:
If you want to stay onshore, try Kikisi Nature Resort (www.kikisi.com) Nice bungalows, nice beach, 15' by boat from Bunaken.
Still onshore, Santika hotel is nice, and has an excellent dive center (Thalassa, 5* PADI center), but no beach.

Agree that the bungalows at Kikisi are nice, but where is the nice beach ? There is some muddy sand in the mangrove below the dive shop, but I would not call it a beach by any means...

Thanks everybody for your comments.

Now i have enough info to make my decision . Also i learned some indonesian's island names and geography.

I will stay at Manado, Bangka and Lembeh with Murex .
At Bali i will go around with Diving for Images

Thanks again

El buzo

Blue Bay has a nice bay and beach, but not much of house reef.

Across from Blue Bay there is a shallow wreck, with lots of weeds and stuff. Lots of macro, but not easy to find as the area easily silts up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom