Signature is getting partially cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bart78660

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I noticed on several posts that the third line of my signature keeps getting cut in half.

When I preview the post it looks normal. When I do the actual post this text gets cut in 1/2 all across the text.

www.globaldrysuitparts.com

I even went an added an extra line with a "-" but it made no difference.

Any ideas?

:popcorn:

Actually, Bart - there is a death zone that roughly equates to about 4 lines of normal text.

Its SB's cruel joke that we can put the death zone on every page of the board except the "Preview Signature" page. I'm sure management is working on it, but its been like that for months.

The only real way to get your sig out of the death zone is:

1) come up with a shorter sig

2) use smaller text

3) leave it halfway cut off in protest. Just don't put the ScubaBoard logo or anything else in the partially cut off part.

I don't think number 3 will avail to much more than making you look clueless, but hey, there it is.

---
Ken

PS: welcome to the board.

Mo2vation:
Actually, Bart - there is a death zone that roughly equates to about 4 lines of normal text.

Its SB's cruel joke that we can put the death zone on every page of the board except the "Preview Signature" page. I'm sure management is working on it, but its been like that for months.

The only real way to get your sig out of the death zone is:

1) come up with a shorter sig

2) use smaller text

3) leave it halfway cut off in protest. Just don't put the ScubaBoard logo or anything else in the partially cut off part.

I don't think number 3 will avail to much more than making you look clueless, but hey, there it is.

---
Ken

PS: welcome to the board.

OK, Thanks
I'll figure a way to modify the sig.

I am not sure why the "Preview Signature" does not catch this. Some signatures have CROSSED the line and are way too big... especially when the poster uses a one word reply and there is a HUGE graphic. I saw Mo2vation with a half of a :sblogo: and even asked him if this were a protest of some sort. Bwahahahaha. It was just after the height restriction had been imposed. I then started seeing other sigs cut in half, so I figured it was universal in nature.

I just tweaked the sizing to be a bit bigger. See if this helps.

bart78660:
Test of new sig.
Do you have the Regards and the space under it in your sig? If so you're using five lines..Try making the font smaller on the two links.

Later Edit after El tweaked it: It still looks like 5 lines to me. And 1/2 is still being cutoff in IE7.

I've tweaked your sig to a slightly smaller font.

Having both urls on the same line also will cause one of them to wrap if someone isn't viewing your posts at greater than 1024x768 resolution. Or they have their "favorites" toolbar on the side - like I do.

I'd make all the fonts smaller, this will allow you to stack the urls and still meet the 4 line limit.

Right now using IE7 with the favorites toolbar enabled I'm seeing 1/2 of the first url and none of the second.

Notice that I've centered my sig to ensure that it reproduces correctly across browsers/screen resolutions. Since it will also be at the bottom of every PM you send - and that's a much smaller window, this ensures that it works both places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom