For Sale Sigma 16 f1.4 E-mount-UW Modified for N85 Port System PRICE REDUCED!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshmellow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sigma-Sony 16mm f1.4 E-mount lens-UW Modified for N85 Port System. This lens was modified to fit the Nauticam N85 port system. Stock, the lens is 1.5mm too wide to fit the opening. The modification involved removing the shade mount, along the rubber focusing grip so it would fit the Nauticam N85 4.33 compact port (it's a long lens and needs 50mm of extension (20+30mm mini extensions in combination) to work with the 4.33 dome. This is a super fast f1.4 and ultra sharp and fast focusing lens for video and still photography. It has extreme close focusing distances, so it's excellent for CFWA.

I have moved to the N120 system and no longer need this lens. This is the only f1.4 option for the Sony APS-C system.

$290 + 10 Ship to the lower 48 states using Paypal.
_DSC0131.JPG
_DSC0132.JPG
_DSC0133.JPG

Price reduced to $225

I actually modified the lens before the pandemic hit and have been unable to use it underwater. It fits nicely in a N85 4.33 port with 50mm of extension. It has very close focusing specs and is one of Sigma's sharpest lens for Sony APS-C. Plus, it focuses quick and accurately. I've now moved to a N120 port set-up for my Sony a6500 and have other lens for the job. Still, I might keep it for low light video situations. Sigma's other lens like the 19mm and Sony's 16mm work well in the 4.33, so I'm sure the closer focusing Sigma 16mm f1.4 will work even better. Looks great on the surface and I'm sure it won't have any issues underwater.

I look forward to possibly using it soon as diving resumes and will take some photos, since I have the correct extensions and it will work with my N120 setup.

I do still have the 30mm mini N85 extension for sale, but have sold the 20mm.

Best,

Marshall

The lens is known for it's extreme corner sharpness and fast f1.4 aperture and minimum focus capabilities. The 4.33 dome has long housed the Sony 16mm, FE converter, along with the earlier Sigma 19mm with great success. I've also used the Zeiss 12mm Touit (modifed for N85 and for sale) all in the 4.33 with very decent corners.

I still shoot a Sony a6500 APS-C N85 system, but have gone entirely to N120 for extensions and ports (4.33 for everything). My lens compliment are now the Canon 8-15 L FE-w&wo Kenko TC, Zeiss 16-70 and the Sony 90 M, so I really no longer need the Sigma 16 and Zeiss 12 (both modified to fit N85 4.33 and for sale). However, I may keep the Sigma 16 f 1.4 for low light video though since it's such a fast and focus accurate lens.

First I need to get back to diving :)

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom