sigma 10-20mm lense

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rocha:
That's wrong, lenses designed for cropped sensor digital cameras will not work on film or full frame digital cameras.
I have a couple of Tamron's Di ("Digitally Integrated") lens which work fine on both full frame and APS-C sized sensors.
I was unaware that they started making Di II lens which only work with APS-C sized sensors. You are correct, you wouldn't want to use one of these on a full frame camera.

clive francis:
Guys,

the thread has gone off track, not bothered if it is APS or full frame.

i know about that, its the other stuff i was asking about i.e. what is the picture quality like?

The 10-20 is a new lens, very few people have it, so there are very few samples (and reviews) available.

well the reviews on dpreview looked good for topside so i have bought it.

when i will get to use it is another thing still waiting for the insurance to sort out my dead D70!

i'm thinking of getting the large dome port for the ike housing so i might be able to do some half and half shots.

I'm going with this lens, too. Have a look on the wetpixel forum...a few have started posting uw samples. For the price I don't think you can go wrong from the reviews and images I have been seeing...and I know I won't miss that extra on the long end compared to the Canon and I will LOVE having the extra $200+ to buy other things :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom