Sidemount with Console Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Questions.... What transmitter are you using? Have you contacted the company and told them off the issue? Having to replace your battery on a transmitter twice in one month should not be with a fully working unit, sounds like either the battery or the unit is messed up.
There's really only one transmitter in use by everyone, the oceanic.

Questions.... What transmitter are you using? Have you contacted the company and told them off the issue? Having to replace your battery on a transmitter twice in one month should not be with a fully working unit, sounds like either the battery or the unit is messed up.
The amazon batteries are lame. They are dated 9-29 They test at 2.9 which with this type battery then drops to 2.8 even under the load of the tester. Not all testers apply a small load but this one does. They should test at 3 under load. Amazon basics.....

I don't think it is the transmitter as I have 4 of them and the two I'm using are similar. It is the battery supply I brought.

My point wasn't about how long they should last but that they do go down and they can do so without warning. Your plan for whether to use backup spgs should not assume that the transmitters never or almost never fail. Everything acts up. Have a plan for when that happens.

Console diver. Best to just use it 2x spgs and your zoop until you can get a wrist mount which is easier to see. Once you get the funds, your skills should be built where spg or transmitter, both no problems.

New sm diver. Dive with spg or transmitter only. I think it's absolutely silly to use both. If you have to use both, then just use the spg only.

I concur. Over weekend in living room (during all this NC rain) I set up my gear w/transmitters pointing down, deleted the spgs. Batteries - also concur. Last fall when I started SM I got a second transmitter. But prior to that I set up an interval for the battery life in my DiveLog to remind me well before the estimate. The minor expense of the more frequent batter replacement for transmitters is worth it. My perdix gives me battery life. Would be cool if the perdix would display transmitter battery remaining, too.

Subsurface will give you perdix transmitter battery life I believe. Worth a try

I concur. Over weekend in living room (during all this NC rain) I set up my gear w/transmitters pointing down, deleted the spgs. Batteries - also concur. Last fall when I started SM I got a second transmitter. But prior to that I set up an interval for the battery life in my DiveLog to remind me well before the estimate. The minor expense of the more frequent batter replacement for transmitters is worth it. My perdix gives me battery life. Would be cool if the perdix would display transmitter battery remaining, too.

I use a Perdix AI. I set my screen to display two different gases. On each of my 1st Stage regs I installed an Apex High Pressure Twin Port Adapter. I then run a transmitter and a small SPG on a 6” Hose to each port adapter, both facing down the cylinder so they don’t hang up. My transmitters are on different signal cycles just to insure there is not confusion on which signal/transmitter is on which cylinder.

HP Twin Adaptor

I enjoy the peace of mind with redundant, digital & analog pressure monitoring. I love the ease of just looking at my wrist and seeing my current gas displayed on my Perdix. But I also know my analog SPGs are there if technology fails.

I have had two transmitters fail, both bad batteries, and neither time was I close to a store to replace them fast. Also for what ever reason, my dive buddies computer/transmitter lost its synch during the dive for about 10 minutes...hey they are man-made.

Hi all, just to close this out in case anyone else is in the same situation. Have just done a couple of good dives with the PPX on my left reg attached to bottom hp port, the hose down though the tank strap, and the console clipped to the LH shoulder D ring. Used pressure off the PPX for LH cylinder and SPG for the RH.
Worked really well, pretty streamlined, and good for a wreck dive with good access. Will be my standard until funds available for a perdix.

CF2B6A6A-6E37-4DF9-80AD-E96A8D1CF7AF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom