Sidemount Spearfishing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FiddlerOnTheRoof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I know this might be a weird question... But how doable is it to spearfish on a sidemount setup?
I am just now getting into sidemount diving and all my spearfishing has been done using a back mount setup...
Any one of you spearfishing using a sidemount setup?

Peter

I greatly prefer doing it in backmount, but I've done it a couple times in sidemount, it's certainly feasible, though I would imagine that STS is much easier since the single tank allows your right arm to be a bit more mobile and you don't have to deal with reg switching....

Uh, go spear a sizable fish with a side-mount setup... and you'll answer your question. Now, if you're quarry is holed up in a crevice that requires a side-mount rig to get to, I'll quit being so patronizing. :D

Uh, go spear a sizable fish with a side-mount setup... and you'll answer your question. Now, if you're quarry is holed up in a crevice that requires a side-mount rig to get to, I'll quit being so patronizing. :D

Like I said... I'm just starting to get into sidemount diving!

Cool. Better to spearfish side-mount than not spearfish at all! Keep us posted... I just have visions of your shooting line wrapped around your cylinders and bruised elbows.

Cool. Better to spearfish side-mount than not spearfish at all! Keep us posted... I just have visions of your shooting line wrapped around your cylinders and bruised elbows.

Yep... probably! Sounds like I'm going to have to buy a BCD just to go spearfishing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom