Sidemount Rebreather Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jlukescuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking at getting into CCR later this year. So far I have narrowed it down to three rebreathers: Kiss Sidewinder, Divesoft Liberty Sidemount, and Kiss Sidekick. I am getting into technical diving / cave diving and am looking for a very versatile rebreather. I am also diving deep into underwater photography and videography as well as scientific diving since I am a Marine Biologist. I am looking for a rebreather that can be used in shallow and deep technical depths as well as in a variety of caves. I am stationed out of Florida right now but am due to move to the Caribbean and several other countries around the world so it needs to be travel friendly. Looking for input more specifically on kiss sidewinder vs liberty, thanks!

I can't speak to those three potential choices but the Triton CCR is a chest-mount rebreather that is both extremely versatile and which can be simply clipped to your open circuit sidemount setup...
I got certified in New Hampshire but my understanding is the only other current Triton instructor is located in Florida so that might also work out for you. There's some other scubaboard threads which discuss the Triton, and/or the Choptima chest-mounted eCCR, if you were to consider chest-mount in addition to the three sidemount options you listed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom