sidemount an hp 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unless you are really short, I'd think they would make you really front heavy.....

riptide11:
Has anyone tried this
unless you are really short, I'd think they would make you really front heavy.....
Good point.

I would want to dive them before buying. Size-wise, their length (19.7") is closer to an AL63 (21.9) than a HP100 (24"). So, the weight / CG will be higher on your torso. That doesn't mean they are not suitable for SM, just that they are relatively short in length which might not work well for everyone. I am 5'10" and the HP100 is good for me, but I am not sure that I would want to dive a shorter cylinder.

But, if you do go with them, let people on SB know how they dive. I seldom see HP80s, and would love to know more about their trim in-water.

Yeah I'm going to try and find a ds that will rent me a pair, tried l.p. 72s the other day and loved them.... Wish they were still made. I'm in a drysuit and thick undergarments thus love the buoyancy characteristics of the hp tanks. Oh Canadian oceans ;-)

Back
Top Bottom