Sidekick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies, we went with a different set up. I'll post deets later.

My bit, I've also backed the Kickstarter project ond got mine last month. Took it for a swim first time this weekend and was a little disappointed. It is nice for a closeup but feel it was made to be more than what it delivered. Maybe the dual with spot and flood will be better but on the single with only food I've expected more. Maybe it will come into it's own on a proper reef, I was on a rather sandy spot with very poor viz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bit, I've also backed the Kickstarter project ond got mine last month. Took it for a swim first time this weekend and was a little disappointed. It is nice for a closeup but feel it was made to be more than what it delivered. Maybe the dual with spot and flood will be better but on the single with only food I've expected more. Maybe it will come into it's own on a proper reef, I was on a rather sandy spot with very poor viz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't expect much from lights in terms of range, they will be all very limited. Those on the <1000 lumens group will light up things (and add color to them) only a few feet from you anyway. A red filter will be more effective in bringing color back to things a little further away, even considering that their effectiveness decreases with the distance between you and the subject - along with the more noticeable depth related color loss. You can combine a filter with a light, given that the light is white, not warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom