side scan sonar for SAR operation in low visibility lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almog

Registered
Reaction score
HI My name is Felix
I’m disaster preparedness department manager in MDA the Israeli national EMS.
I’m Also ERDI Public safety diving instructor for some of PSD unites in the country for the past 10 y
We are interested to purchase a Sonar system to locate drowning victims in low visibility 0m- 60m depth form our boat.
we are looking for a good reliable product including training package and good warranty.

recommendation will be appreciated

Thanks
Felix
Felix@divepro.co.il
divepro.co.il

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 85
Take a look at JW Fischer,
The issue is Export Controls on many types of sonar that Fisher's products fall under. And CBP is constantly updating the rules. Even for the OP's friendly country of Israel. Some of the simplest bottom finders, can't be sold overseas.

I'd also recommend the Klein 3000-4000 systems (including the 3900) along with the Edgetech systems. Edgetech is reaching parity with Klein and can be bought for $44,000 (US).

I know nothing about the topic except that the local RCMP Underwater Recovery Team have successfully recovered the bodies of multiple drowning victims this summer. The attached article includes a picture of their fish: Explorer MKII from Marine Sonic

Back
Top Bottom