Side Air Release Regulator help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattWilliams

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello,
i am new too diving and i dived with a Poseidon Jetstream MK3 and i really liked the like side realise air thing like how the air ejects on the side, Can someone please tell me other brands or anything that make regulators like them? would be appreciated!
Or if you are selling or know of any1 selling Poseidon jetstreams would be great!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sold an Oceanic Omega II :( The Omega II also has a side exhaust. Tekna (no longer in business) had a side exhaust too, but unless you're into DIY I would not recommend a new diver getting one as you would have problems getting it serviced.

I've never dived one, but the Cyklon 300 is one of the best looking regulators ever made. But again, you need to find out if you can get one serviced where you live-this holds true for any reg you're considering.

Good luck,

Couv

Just some interesting regs to look at, aqualung mistral, mares/dacor viper tec.

Also diverite has a side exhaust reg.

Last edited:

Hi Matt,

I'm not familiar with the price of equipment in your part of the world, so I cannot advise you on that aspect. However, buying used gear "as is" is always a crap-shoot; therefore I recommend buying setups like that only to those who are very familiar with scuba equipment. If you could hook it up to a tank and check it out http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/346813-regulator-inspection-checklist-rev-7-a.html or take someone with you that is familiar with this model you may end up with a nice kit.

But again, can you have this serviced conveniently by someone you trust?

Sherwood ultima is side exhaust, rare though. I've got one I haven't even tried yet.

Aqualung Kronos (not available in all markets / discontinued in some markets) is a side exhaust 2nd stage. They can still be found NIB in the US, as well as are shown as currently available in your native Australia. Nice eclectic regulator, I have used ours on several occasions and find it comparable to a legend or titan in ease of breathing during recreational use down to 100' or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom