SI Tech Glove Lock QCP - Equalization Tubes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finally decided to get dry gloves and purchased the SI Tech Glove Lock QCP. They come with these little pressure equalization tube that you are supposed to set between the seal and the wrist when donning the suit. To be frank, the likelihood that I will lose these small tubes after the first dive is pretty high. How many of you are using these? If your are not using them, have you experienced any problems with pressure equalization problems?
Thanks

I absolutely love these gloves and I always use the silicone equalization tubes. They are really long so if you want you can cut them in half and have a set.

This will help you if you lose a set. You are right, I have almost lost mine everytime I dive, they are so small, it's a matter of time before I lose them.

They are so soft and I cannot feel them in my wrist so I like using them over the other suggestions.

They are very important at depth, even though I use them all the time even shallow.

Hope this helps you out.

MG

I think that being able to equalize the air space in the gloves is very important. A length of thin soft braided cord works just as well as the tubes - it is easy to carry some spares in case you lose/forget the tubes.

I think that being able to equalize the air space in the gloves is very important. A length of thin soft braided cord works just as well as the tubes - it is easy to carry some spares in case you lose/forget the tubes.

That's a good suggestion that works well! I've done something similar in a pinch.

It actually might be an improvement over the silicone tubes which can get kinked I found out.... :shocked2:

Dave C

I use the tubes, never lost them. I take them out of the bag and stuff then under the seals. They are still under the seals when I get out and put them back in the bag.

You need to use something or you will have issues with squeezes and blow ups. More of an issue on accent, gas can typically pass out of the suit into the glove. But the other way the pressure helps seal the wrist up and the glove balloons up.

Like others have said, use the tubes, string, coffee stir, thumb loop, just about anything that will let a little air pass.

Thanks everyone. I am going to try them out next week.

I finally decided to get dry gloves and purchased the SI Tech Glove Lock QCP. They come with these little pressure equalization tube that you are supposed to set between the seal and the wrist when donning the suit. To be frank, the likelihood that I will lose these small tubes after the first dive is pretty high. How many of you are using these? If your are not using them, have you experienced any problems with pressure equalization problems?
Thanks
Like you, I tossed mine knowing that they would be lost n a heartbeat.

My undergarments have a thumb stirrup and I wear that through the wrist seal. Done...equalization permitted.

If there were a catastrophic leak in the glove (and I have had that on rare occasion) you will get a damp forearm, but not much else...since the stirrup wicks water relatively slowly...

For fun, you should try doing a shallow dive (less than 60 fsw deep) without any glove equalization aids. There will be some squeeze but it will be tolerable depending on your insulating layer. This should convince you of the benefit of equalization aids, and you'll realize that it's not the end of the world should you forget them. For deeper dives, the squeeze could become somewhat painful...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom