Si-Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blakec1980

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been looking at purchasing a dry glove system for my dry suit. I am in no rush and will probably make the purchase after the first of the year. I am curious if anyone has any experience with the "Si-Tech Glove Lock Dry Glove System". I already have the Si-Tech wrist and neck seals so this seems like the obvious choice to me, but as I have no experience with dry glove systems I am at a loss to what is better than what. Any advise would be appreciated. thanks!

I have the glove lock dry glove system. It works well. It does increase the diameter of the rings from their already large size. I've not found the diameter to be a problem. For some odd reason, people who don't have them like to complain about the size. But it would be nice if the diameter was smaller. I've had them leak a coupled of times, and in both cases it was user error, not the system. And the original inner seal (I use silicon) prevented an annoying dampness from being a flood and the dives continued.

i have them installed on a fusion tech. works ok for me, but the glove lock qcp is kinda bulky. kubi/utd rings seem to have the best reviews but are expensive. maybe look into the cheaper quick glove and pullover rings too.

I had them, found them difficult to use. Also tried the Antares system, and the Diving Concepts system. Nothing worked as well as what I use now, which is plain old "dishwashing" style gloves, stretched over any sort of ring. I'm using Viking-style rings, glued into my suit, which also let me easily replace torn wrist seals. If you don't want to glue it in, you can also put the rings in temporarily by trapping the sleeve, but in that case the seals need to be glued in.

$10 a pair (plus some sort of glove liner), if you tear one, just pop another one on - no need to reassemble anything.

Latex Drysuit Glove ''Pull Over'' Buy at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Cuff Ring - Rubber, Buy SiTech at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Have the QCP one and love them. I've got small hands but the ring diameter doesn't bother me much. Easy to lock on.

I went to the QCP last year as my hands were too big for the quick ring system (tried it but got frustrated forcing gloves off the rings when donning the quick ring gloves) The QCP system was a life saver for me. The rings fit my hands comfortably, and I have had no malfunctions so far using the same size gloves as I used on the quick ring system. The size of the QCP rings haven't been a problem when using gear, or doing drills, or groveling around on wrecks.

the Glove Lock system was the first thing I bought after I bought my drysuit - right after I tried it out the first time in 40-50 degree water. It's worked fine for me, but I really don't have much to compare to. As others save said, the rings seem large, but I don't really notice them while diving. I do tend to notice them while putting my BCD on and off, and that's probably more just from there being anything there to snag the harness, not necessarily a size thing.

Leaks were always user error - usually getting the glove liner caught in the seal. I've learned to fold the inner glove liner down so that it doesn't interfere. I keep meaning to pick up a pair of the Pinnacle Merino liners to try.. I keep the inner seal in place - if I'm using undies with thumb loops, I use them to create an air gap. If not, I use tubes of some sort.

Initially I set up the blue gloves into the rings with a lot of extra "sleeve" still ( not wanting to cut things that couldn't easily be replaced). I finally shortened the gloves up by several inches which really made a difference in donning them.

When removing them, don't completely remove one glove before doing the other. Loosen both bayonet rings first, then start removing the gloves - the extra grip from the glove helps a lot.

I use the sitech quick glove and find it less error prone that the quick lock. Also - I swtiched to wool liners rather than the synthetic ones that come with the gloves - thinner and warmer - even if wet.

I have the QCP system as well, and love it.
Very easy to replace the wrist seals when they need replacement (I had to replace mine this year).
As noted by TravisD, leaks are usually user error. In my case though, it was a dirty o-ring. Cleaning the o-rings took a bit of time to get the hang of (i.e. getting to it), but is now second nature and no leaks since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom