Si-Tech drysuit inflator is auto-inflating...Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did an easy, shallow dive this weekend - 60 minutes at 30'. Halfway into the dive, I realized I was continually dumping gas from my drysuit...and I never once touched my chest to inflate the suit. Suddenly the light went off and I realized that my suit was slowly auto-inflating. I then unplugged the hose from the drysuit inflator...and everything was fine for the rest of the dive.

While this was a relief for me to discover (means that the squirreliness I've been feeling for the last handful of dives is partially due to the drysuit inflating itself)...it also means that I now have some equipment to fix.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for fixing or further diagnosing this. I have a Whites Fusion Drysuit with a Si-Tech inflator.

Thanks!

I had a very slow leak in my Apeks inflator on my DC drysuit. It took me a couple of dives to finally figure it out why I was using so much Argon. :cool2: After taking it apart, I noticed an extruded piece of plastic that was never cleaned up during the manufacturing process. Once I took care of the problem it's been working flawless for the past 25 dives or so. They're real easy to take apart and something anyone can do. I'd just whip it apart real quick and check it for sand or a worn o-ring.

Either a defective valve or glunk in the works. Pop the sucker apart and have a look.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom