Shuttle Launched Successfully!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go Discovery!!!

I wanted to see it outside, but it wasn't possible.. we're very hazed over :(

I am watching the reruns on the TV School District Channel explaining things to my son.... I should be a NASA guide... a junkie since I was a kid.. seen every shuttle launch viewable from Ft Myers, even taking my wife to STS-109 to see up close.... I'm so happy I'm just beaming with smiles!

NASA TV feed via Yahoo crapped out at T-20 seconds!

Guess I'll have to wait to watch my recording of it when I get home from work! :furious:

Great launch and for the first time in years the entire neighborhood was out in the street watching, but a cloud floated over us 3 minutes before launch so mostly what we saw was the rocket glow through the cloud. The sound was as awesome as ever.

I hate my dive buddy since he just called me about his launch day. He spent 4 hours flying around the launch site at 100’ in an old Huey with the KSC Swat Team covering the astronauts on their way to the pad and during the launch. What a view!!! His complaint was seeing all the terrific dive sites just off shore from the pad that are forever off limits to divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom